128 pages, 16 quilt patterns, color throughout. More than 20 years ago Judy Martin changed the quilt book landscape with her classic volume, Scrap Quilts. Now with Scraps, Judy is at it again! Whether you’re looking for a pattern that is clearly simple, surprisingly easy, or stunningly beautiful, your next quilt should be made from Scraps.
Meteor Shower. Why be ordinary?
Ready to explore?
Let Judy Martin be your guide
The 16 patterns in Scraps are all Judy Martin originals. What does that mean to you? It means you can count on it to be accurate. No one has a better reputation, earned with each of the 900+ patterns she has published, for getting it right so that you don’t have to worry as you cut into your fabric.
It means also you can count on the finished quilt looking better than the effort put into it. What would you rather make – a quilt that looks difficult but wasn’t, or one that looks basic but had you tearing your hair out as you struggled with it? Judy Martin has a special genius for finding tricks in the design that make her quilts look interesting while being surprisingly simple to cut and sew.
Monet's Wedding Ring is a simple Wedding Ring variation
made entirely from squares and rectangles!
The Favorite Quilt in Scraps?
We ran a series of polls on this web site to determine your favorite quilt from this wonderful book. Click here if you'd like to see the results.
Newport Beach is a whimsical quilt with brightly colored
squares appearing to float over the surface.
It's easy, distinctive, and beautiful!
What You’ll Find in Scraps
16 quilts, each presented in 3 sizes
Fat quarter requirements for each quilt
Your choice of rotary cutting instructions or templates
Color diagrams showing piecing details
But Wait, There’s More!
Three of a Kind is a completely different look in a scrap quilt.
Quilters Praise the Innovative and
Beautiful Quilts in Scraps!
- "Judy Martin's dynamic use of scraps and intricate layouts set her apart from other quiltmakers. Like her previous books, Scraps includes clear instructions and color photographs that make each of the 16 quilts doable."
- Connie Doern, Creekside Quilting, Clive, IA
- "Well, I didn' t think it was possible, but you've really outdone yourself this time! The shadow quilts are fantastic."
- Karen Reed, A Patch of Country, Chadds Ford, PA
- "I just received your new book, Scraps, and I LOVE IT. I like the fact that you have 1 or 2 beginner level quilts in there just for the times that I have to get something done on a much shorter time frame.
- Donna Hurley, Carlisle, PA
"Your new book, Scraps, arrived this morning. Geez - usually I might like ONE quilt per book I order, but I like ALL of these. I will have to decide which I want to make first! Thanks for one great book.
- Sandra Drake, Waka, TX
- "Scraps is going to be a winner!! I love the floating star quilt."
- Martha Stamper, Frankfort, KY
- "I'm totally in awe and in love with your quilt, 'Fanfare for the Heroes.' Simply beautiful!"
- Angie Kiker, Santa Rosa, CA
- "I love the quilts, especially the 'drop shadows.' They look so rich."
- Leslie Randle, Orem, UT
Fanfare for the Heroes is guaranteed to impress.
Give it as a stunning gift of love to the hero in your life.
Scraps… escape the ordinary
Item # : 600
Manufacturer: Crosley-Griffith Publishing Company